Who's Online

KILL ON SIGHT
Not Known
REWARD OFFERED
Kills: 1
Latest Kill:
Rinay Julien

PayPal Donation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Order of VII Forum Index -> Order News & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rinay Julien
The Lady

re: OOC Interactions

**OK - Posting here again my stance on OOC interactions... One of the biggest causes of guilds falling apart is people who clash out of character. I UNDERSTAND that we do not always all get along. That is life. I'm sure everyone in the guild can think of another person that they don't particularly like, or don't often agree with. BUT- you NEED to keep that to yourself. If you have a problem with someone - come to me about it. DON'T sit in vent or in officer chat talking about how you are annoyed with someone. I have seen this happen here and there, or heard of it happening from other people, and it needs to stop. All that happens is the guild will then form cliques, those against the person in question, and those for the person in question. Then we have an OOC split of who likes who. This isn't high school. It's a guild. I don't care who you do or don't like. Just keep it to yourself, all it will do is breed animosity.

THAT SAID.... I also understand that sometimes people do things that rub others the wrong way. Maybe they ask a question that sounds rudely worded, or they get snarky with you.. maybe they've pulled out their epeen to show you how much more than you they know. Maybe you just don't like them. Fine. I get that. If they are a problem, just say something to me. I will handle it. I'm not saying you can't tell them to chill, or let them know that you are getting offended. That is always better than commenting back with a rude zing of your own, because that's how fights start. --- And please. If someone tells you to chill or hush or to please tone it down a little, just take a second and re-read and possibly re-word your comments. It's easy to take things the wrong way when it's typed... even if you don't mean it rudely, if someone is taking it that way, you just need to apologize, say you didn't mean to offend them, and either drop the topic to pick it up at another time, or re-word your statement.

For the most part, we have little to no guild drama, and I would like to keep it that way. I don't care if you are my best friend or someone brand new to the guild. EVERYONE needs to be respectful of others OOC'ly. No one is immune from this. I really do appreciate the fact that overall, we all do our parts to get along or DIFFUSE the situations that get out of hand, which is what I like to see. I have frequently mentioned my thanks for this at the guild meetings and to certain individuals when I see that they are patient with someone who has been irksome.

Thank you all for being understanding.

Jump to: