REWARD OFFERED
Kills: 1
Latest Kill:
Rinay Julien

PayPal Donation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rinay Julien
The Lady

re: Live Goods Auction - Need Comments & Suggestions!!

We are going to try to have a slave auction. The location will probably end up being goblin run territory of some sort so that there is the POSSIBILITY of cross-server RP. The question is... what type of live goods auction is this going to be? Slave? Date? Something more taboo? Will we be capturing people for slaves in RP's leading up to this point? Will we advertise ahead of time OOC'ly that we are looking for people that would like this to become their storyline? How will we let the not-so-general populace of Azeroth know without alerting the Guards and other do-gooders of our intent? We need to plan this out. A GOOD event is one in which ALL the members participating are involved and excited about it. So let's figure out how to get this hashed out. With any luck, we'll be able to pull it off in such a way that we put our name largely on the map for slave trade in more under-handed organizations, but are only a tiny blip or rumor on the radar of those who would try to stop us. Remember... we don't want the 'good' RP'ers to be TOTALLY unaware of us ALL the time. Antagonistic RP means NOTHING if no one cares that we have done something wrong . So... Ideas? Comments? Questions? Suggestions? Let me know what you are thinking!! How can we pull this off from the IC and OOC standpoints?

Here's what I think,

First, let me begin by saying that I'm almost -too- good at making sure 'good' characters don't find out about what my character does, so I might not be that good at making us available to be found. That being said, I can really only suggest ideas that will make it so, whatever we do, we will -not- be caught. It's what I do best.

I think it should be a good old fashioned slave auction. Nothing too taboo and nothing with the word 'date', those tend to be both cliche and very... Well, let's just say that's why they invented the word 'taboo'. With that in mind, it should probably occur outside of SW, and for that matter, outside of any alliance-owned territory, so the Stormwind Guard and any sort of Alliance authority has no real jurisdiction. I have a plethora of secret locations that would be -ideal- (almost too ideal if the idea is to be caught at some point <.<). As a matter of fact, the only way I could see any good guy RPers finding out about it is if we end up kidnapping someone of influence and selling them into slavery. -That- might be exciting, and if we choose a secluded enough location, the actual auction will not be interrupted, but the RP can continue past that into something that would require the good guys to do some real work. Also, as with any slave RP, we should make it clear that the slaves are not sex slaves (unless they want to be <.<) and are not obligated to perform ERP for their owners when sold.

If all goes well, we'd be able to perform the auction without any interruptions, and allow for the good guys to try and stop us. Then again... If I had it my way, and I usually do, they'd lose. But hey, that's just me :P
Rinay Julien
The Lady

Awesome. Baelyth... I love this. We're gonna do it. I need a team. Who is willing to set this event into motion? We can have it at an out of the way location and look for participants to be kidnapped by us for the auction... Perhaps only 2 or 3 of them at first to see how things go. After that... well... who knows?

But volunteers? Who wants to be a part of this? Either with the kidnapping, the auctioning, the drink passing-outting (I didn't say that right but oh well) ... the body guards... etc etc... Post here if you want to be a part of this and we will hold an OOC meeting to discuss the event!

Whatever you need, you have my blade, and my dagger, and my rifle. Just point the way.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Rinay Julien
The Lady

re: Alrighty.

We had a meeting to discuss the OOC practicality of this event. I didn't see any major issues brought up that couldn't be worked around. I gotta say guys... one thing I really love about this guild is that we plan and work out our bugs AHEAD of time, and that leads to us putting on really great events. We all deserve a pat on the back. So... *pats*

20:01:11 [Aurylia]: Alright, I'm just gonna start this up! We are now officially having an OOC meeting to discuss our options and the interest etc on holding an auction where we are selling slaves.
20:01:36 [Aurylia]: What we need are your comments and suggestions, along with people who are willing to volunteer their RP time to do a job in the event.
20:01:42 [Aurylia]: So... who wants to say something?
20:01:49 [Aurylia]: Questions are great too.
20:01:51 [Aldridor]: How about.. We sell people the slaves.. The slaves kill them, and we get all the peopls money?
20:01:53 [Emorisa]: Well, I'd love to RP a job during the event.
20:01:53 [Vafin]: How is this going to go down?
20:02:11 [Xaloch]: Obviously it can't be done in any major alliance city. It will need to be done in a goblin city or neutral city.
20:02:33 [Xaloch]: Or...in a discrete location.
20:02:37 [Aurylia]: We will post on Moon Guard's official forums stating that we are looking for NON-erp slaves. We will make it clear that they will be sold to others, but will give no more information than that to prevent metagaming.
20:03:04 [Kerstine]: *quick moment of aww* Xaloch It's Soi! Sorry, ill shut up now ^_^
20:03:06 [Aurylia]: When we find our 'victims', I'm hoping that players from our guild will volunteer to kidnap them ahead of time, and then we will have them to 'sell' at our auction.
20:03:12 [Xaloch]: Soifon?
20:03:13 [Xaloch]: Nice...
20:05:29 [Vargulfr]: Harrow
20:05:40 [Aurylia]: Hey there Varg. We are just discussing the possibilities of a slave auction in the gchat.
20:05:47 [Aurylia]: Not our current ones of course...
20:05:56 [Aurylia]: Ones that we will find and kidnap for that purpose.
20:05:59 [Aldridor]: I dont actually think the slaves would stay with the owners..
20:06:25 [Vafin]: Thats what i was thinking.
20:06:34 [Aurylia]: That isn't our problem
20:06:41 [Vargulfr]: *nod* I remember the discussion before. Live goods sales
20:06:46 [Aurylia]: After they are paid for, they are no longer ours to IC'ly look after.
20:07:51 [Sethgrey]: What if we have a buyer that onlly wants the for sexual reasons?
20:08:06 [Xaloch]: oooo
20:08:08 [Aurylia]: We will make it clear that the slaves are not sex slaves...
20:08:08 [Vargulfr]: Like....all of them?
20:08:09 [Xaloch]: sexual reasons.
20:08:17 [Xaloch]: Sexual Chocolate.
20:08:25 [Aurylia]: And no slave should be expected to perform erp when purchased.
20:08:29 [Sethgrey]: Chocolate rain...
20:08:32 [Aurylia]: This will be something we make clear OOC'ly.
20:08:39 [Xaloch]: I concur.
20:08:55 [Vargulfr]: Thats the problem though, most people hear slave rp, they jump to 'sex pet' mentality automatically
20:08:59 [Aurylia]: However, there is no way that we can stop players who choose to erp from doing so, we just make no claims whatsoever on there being any of it.
20:09:33 [Vargulfr]: Hmm...so how would we collect slaves for the rp? Just spend a week gathering players then have a sale?
20:09:52 [Aurylia]: That is true, however, Baelyth is going to help us come up with a carefully worded 'brochure' that will perk the interests of those who are more devious, while still sounding just -barely- on the up and up if people somehow find out ahead of time.
20:10:03 [Aurylia]: And I think for the first auction, two or three people will be more than enough.
20:10:25 [Aurylia]: I would like to advertise OOC'ly on the Moon Guard forums that we are looking for 'victims' for a project, and then go from there.
20:10:35 [Aurylia]: I usually get volunteers if I put that I am looking for victims.
20:10:36 [Vargulfr]: I'm gunna assume not under the name Southseas Imports and Novelties
20:10:50 [Aurylia]: Everyone wants a scary something to have tragically happened to their character at some point or another.
20:11:00 [Vargulfr]: This is true
20:11:02 [Aurylia]: Being kidnapped and sold into slavery makes for a pretty good RP plotline
20:11:20 [Aurylia]: And no, we will do it under a false name, one that won't ever be used again.
20:11:35 [Vafin]: Like what name?
20:11:39 [Sethgrey]: Jim Johnson shoe shine company.
20:11:45 [Vargulfr]: Bleh
20:11:50 [Salamandre]: Omaha Steaks
20:12:22 [Aurylia]: Exactly. Something obscure. But we will have a 'marking' of some sort on all the brochures, regardless of what name we use for the next one so that we can be loosely connected if the same attendees look for our 'show' again.
20:12:53 [Aurylia]: By the way Varg, sometime later tonight I need to RP with you on either Rin or Rue Happy
20:13:07 [Aurylia]: But after the event that I'm hosting in about 45 mins
20:13:59 [Vargulfr]: Mkay, I actually wanted to RP with you, I have an idea for Varg to be the representative of one of the Charities that the S.I.N auctions goes to help
20:14:21 [Aurylia]: Epicness.
20:14:27 [Aurylia]: I never even thought of that.
20:14:28 [Aurylia]: I love it.
20:14:38 [Aurylia]: have I mentioned that I love this guild lately?
20:14:41 [Aurylia]: I love this guild. XD
20:15:32 [Vargulfr]: Hehe, It occured to me after that rogue tried to grill me yesterday for the name of the Order. 'The Fraternity of Light', a brotherhood that takes in and shelters former slaves.
20:15:50 [Vafin]: One quick question about the guild. How do we get ranked up?
20:16:29 [Aurylia]: So... my loose outline for jobs at the slave auction is this: Kidnappers (grabbing them in the first place, Guards (people to watch them round the clock to keep them from IC'ly escaping), Muscle (to protect ourselves at the auction), Advertisers (to get--
20:16:52 [Aurylia]: --a few seedy people interested), and a salesperson or two to 'display' the goods.
20:17:04 [Vargulfr]: Oooh! *wants to be a salesperson*
20:17:10 [Aurylia]: And Varg I didn't know anyone caught onto us at the auction yesterday xD Nice.
20:17:26 [Aurylia]: And Vafin, the more you participate, the quicker you'll become an operative.
20:17:39 [Aurylia]: OOC members can rank up too, but it's harder.
20:17:40 [Vafin]: Me and Ald got Muscle! What'da think Ald?
20:17:51 [Vargulfr]: I was a tad miffed actually, they somehow knew at a glance Varg was a shadow priest.
20:17:51 [Aldridor]: Huah!
20:18:48 [Aurylia]: Never be afraid to bracket whisper people to call them out on this or that. I let some things slide for the sake of rolling with it... but if someone walks up to me and is like "Hey I can tell you are a paladin who has lost her powers... hmmm... you must-
20:18:56 [Aurylia]: --be evil." I'm gonna challenge it most certainly.
20:19:14 [Aurylia]: Alright well... any other comments or suggestions or questions on the slave thing?
20:19:21 [Vargulfr]: I was ok with it. I and by consequence Varg are very good bullshitters
20:19:49 [Vargulfr]: I would ask, being a slave trainer, do you want me to come up with a plot device to keep the shortterm slaves in order?
20:19:50 [Aurylia]: If you want a job with it, go ahead and post what you wanna do below the thread about the Live Goods auction in the RP Events forum
20:20:07 [Aurylia]: Sure, that would be perfect!
20:20:26 [Vargulfr]: K, I'll dream up a mental control trinket or something, nothing boring though.
20:20:35 [Vargulfr]: Ooh or a potion. Potions are fun
20:20:40 [Aurylia]: Alright, well I'm going to post the meeting notes about this right now, and then I will brb.
20:20:51 [Vafin]: If they've got GHI, I could do somthing in that area.
20:20:55 [Aurylia]: I think we are going to shoot for two weeks from now to do it.

There you have it. Post more comments or questions if you have them in this thread!

*looks around* "Sell Dani." =b

Emirstra
Operative

No.
Seth.
No.

I think Kota would kill you. :P
SethGrey

Poison cures all.

Rinay Julien
The Lady

I lul'd.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Order of VII Forum Index -> RP Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: