Who's Online

KILL ON SIGHT
Not Known
REWARD OFFERED
Kills: 1
Latest Kill:
Rinay Julien

PayPal Donation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Order of VII Forum Index -> Order News & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rinay Julien
The Lady

re: Brawlfest is tonight!!!

Hey there guys! I'm just posting the raid chat which is basically the OOC explanation of this fight so that any who were unable to make it on Thursday but still wanted to fight tonight will be able to compete! The top prize in each category is going to be an illusionary bag!! If you are going to fight, please make sure to check out the post on our website under the Rules & Guides forum at orderofvii.guildlaunch.com ... the post is titled something about Brawlfest! Also, fighters please try to show up around 8:30 server if you still have last minute questions that need answered! Look forward to seeing you there!!!

22:32:52 [Silverlush]: This is about RP more than anything else.
22:33:06 [Silverlush]: I wanted a warlock available to summon us up there tonight, but my lock is doing a raid :P
22:33:41 [Silverlush]: I thought it was only fair for you all to get a good look at the area you will be fighting in before the night came. This is going to be a more D&D styled RP
22:33:54 [Silverlush]: Which means that we aren't exactly going by 'WoW rules'
22:34:34 [Silverlush]: The rocks there, the debris, possible dirt... any bonfires we have going... they are all going to be things you might actually be allowed to use in your /emotes to try and attack the other person if you are in the melee category.
22:34:57 [Silverlush]: Yes, there is going to be fighting, just not duels
22:35:18 [Xaloch]: Is this everyone then?
22:35:49 [Silverlush]: Go ahead and explain away.
22:36:23 [Xaloch]: Please save questions or comments for the end.
22:36:48 [Silverlush]: He will be able to answer them all, he is a very smart cookie xD
22:37:11 [Xaloch]: There are two categories to this fight. Melee and Caster, each with 3 subclasses. Each subclass has a predetermined hit point, armor class, crit range and abilities.
22:37:43 [Xaloch]: Within the Melee Category there is the Plate Subclass, Mail Subclass, and Leather Subclass.
22:38:25 [Xaloch]: Within the Caster Category there is Plate Subclass, Mail/Leather Subclass, and Cloth Subclass.
22:39:16 [Xaloch]: For the fight, a person will make a d20 roll. If their roll number beats their armor class number, then that is a hit and -1 HP is deducted from the opposing player.
22:39:42 [Xaloch]: If they roll a number within their critical range, then their damage does either x2 or x3 depending on the subclass.
22:39:59 [Silverlush]: (We will post the info sheet up on a public page of our website so people can see what their 'stats' are ahead of time)
22:41:26 [Xaloch]: For instance, Character A1 is in the Mail Subclass with 6 HP and 10 AC. Character B2 is in Leather Subclass with 5 HP and 8 AC. If Character B2 rolls a d20 and gets two criticals in a row, he can essentially beat down Character A1 in two hits.
22:42:01 [Xaloch]: However, as I mentioned, each subclass is granted 3 Ability Points with 3 different abilities they can use.
22:42:49 [Xaloch]: These abilities can range from adding to your AC for a round, healing 1-3 HP points, or even increasing your crit range or stunning someone.
22:43:02 [Silverlush]: (If you are confused, be not afraid, fighters will be in a party with either Xaloch or I for each fight Happy
22:43:06 [Xaloch]: These abilities will be posted on the forums as well as the pre-determined stats.
22:43:45 [Xaloch]: I have balanced the subclasses to the best of my ability.
22:43:53 [Xaloch]: Once you see the layout, it will make sense to you.
22:43:59 [Silverlush]: It's actually a lot simpler than it sounds ^^
22:44:01 [Xaloch]: Any questions?
22:44:42 [Silverlush]: And the website is orderofvii.guildlaunch.com ... it should be posted up under the Rules & Guides forum within the next 20 minutes under 'Brawling Stats'
22:44:42 [Daltone]: Hm.. would DK's be considered plate casters or plate melee?
22:44:52 [Silverlush]: You can choose.
22:44:57 [Daltone]: Ah, I see
22:45:03 [Xaloch]: DKs can join either the melee or caster fights. However, only one or the other.
22:45:12 [Xaloch]: Same goes for Paladins.
22:45:30 [Sidorio]: And Druids?
22:45:38 [Silverlush]: And please note... the brawls for melee are true brawls. Punching the crap out of each other, or smashing bodies into the wall. Bloodied noses and broken bones hoorah
22:45:41 [Xaloch]: Yes
22:45:54 [Sãbêr]: Rioter
22:46:00 [Silverlush]: The casters will be setting each other on fire and cursing one another and all that other good stuff.
22:46:29 [Silverlush]: Since this is eventually decided by the rolls... this gives you as the player a chance to be highly creative and/or sadistic with how you choose to attack your opponent
22:46:40 [Silverlush]: Thus the reason we are calling this a 'D&D type' fight
22:47:06 [Xaloch]: These are not to the death obviously.
22:47:21 [Silverlush]: Regardless of whether you push your opponent into a fire, or smash his head with a rock... he is going to lose a hit point if you manage to roll high enough to hit his armor class
22:48:33 [Silverlush]: I think that this will avoid a great deal of 'hey you are god-modding' while still allowing people to pull out their nifty little RP items or use bits of lore that they've stored up on their char over the course of a storyline
22:49:04 [Silverlush]: Also... we are offering prizes for the winners in the top two categories
22:49:20 [Silverlush]: I have not exactly decided on what, but it is going to be something worth a minimum of 1k gold in the AH
22:49:47 [Silverlush]: I didn't want to post that on the forums though because I wanted to attract people for RP first, bonuses second XD
22:50:45 [Silverlush]: Is that all the questions?
22:50:56 [Silverlush]: I hope you guys are excited about this Happy I'm really looking forward to it
22:51:11 [Kairilyn]: by now you know I am too :P
22:51:35 [Kairilyn]: 'course I've only been gushing about it since you announced it, that's all XD
22:51:39 [Silverlush]: hehe
22:51:57 [Osuro]: Sounds interesting- not sure how my character got involved in all truth, but I'll blame it on the drinking party we had last week. XD
22:52:12 [Silverlush]: Okay. And as I said before, if anyone has any questions about this, feel free to ask me, or Xaloch, or Aurylia or Sidorio or Baelyth)
22:52:26 [Silverlush]: ... drinking accounts for a great many things xD
22:52:27 [Daltone]: Sounds like a great opportunity for my character ^^
22:52:43 [Silverlush]: I have quite a few people planning on coming to the actual event
22:52:59 [Silverlush]: I think the last event we hosted we had somewhere around 80 people show up... which is quite a bit
22:53:27 [Silverlush]: Same week as Maxen's tourny, that was a pretty awesome RP week... but anyhow... with that many people there should be a great chance to enhance your storylines

Alright people, I've explained and prepared you all the best I can! I look forward to seeing all of you tonight, whether you are there to fight or just to get drunk and cheer on your favorites!!

Jump to: