Who's Online

KILL ON SIGHT
Not Known
REWARD OFFERED
Kills: 1
Latest Kill:
Rinay Julien

PayPal Donation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Order of VII Forum Index -> Order News & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rinay Julien
The Lady

re: NEW GUILD INVITE POLICY & RP CHAT PLEASE READ!!!!

For the time being we are allowing OOC players into the guild. They will have their very own rank (the first one) and not be allowed to travel any higher in our ranks. Anyone wishing to go any higher will need to still fill out an application and be approved for RP'ing within the guild. These OOC players will not have the ability to see or type in the officer chat. The OFFICER chat is now the RP chat. I know that this is a change and may take some getting used to, but I believe that this will make things run smoother in the end.

The reasons that I have decided to go this route with the guild is that I have had success with doing it in the past. Cata has so much new content that everyone is trying to get their PvE fill right now, and there isn't much room left on their time schedules for RP'ing. This has made the RP (random and guild alike) hard to come by on the server. This happens EVERY time a new expansion comes out, and by the time the next one hits, RP is at an 'all-time high'. So, because I foresee the RP on the server picking up once the newness of Cata dies down, I'm inviting PvE players so that we won't be left behind as a guild. With all the new perks and bonuses, people are no longer looking for just a good RP guild. They want to have those nifty pets and bonuses as well.

The OOC players will be given ONE chance and one only. If I hear any complaints, they will be kicked. (No, you can't complain about stupid things like them talking about their dog too much or that you disagree with their views on beef jerky) However, anything though that would be considered griefing, trolling, asshattery, douchebagedness and the like will be an insta-kick.

All RP players of the Order will be able to invite people for PvE purposes, and I would like to see the guild numbers go up so that we can start maxxing out our guild xp each day.

I would like to be clear here: RP will not stop. RP will go on as before. We will not be foregoing the RP part of the guild ANYTIME in lieu of the 'easier' PvE route. This guild has been going on in some way, shape or form under my command since mid-2007 and I don't plan for it to stop anytime soon. I and others have put in too much time and energy to just shrug it off now. Anyone with comments or questions or suggestions is encouraged to let me know what they think (via in-game mail if I'm not on), BUT ... PLEASE... refrain from using a negative attitude in the guild chat or in your conversations with others. Your opinions are welcomed on the subject, but I don't want to see this evolve into guild drama. I hope that you will all keep an open mind on this and remember that I have done it before, and all went well.

Thanks!!! ~ Rin

Jump to: