Kills: 1
Latest Kill:
Rinay Julien

PayPal Donation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rinay Julien
The Lady

re: RP Brawling

Alright, we are going to have a new event every month in addition to our IC auction. We're going to start recruiting brawlers for a RP fight night. People do NOT have to join the guild to participate in this since it is all going to be done under our company name which is Southseas Novelties & Imports Co. (S.I.N. Co. for those of you who didn't catch on...). The way that I want the recruitment done for the brawling can be done by any RP member really. If the player has contacted us ahead of time, and needs to have the RP intro take place still, then just let them know that you are on your way to do the RP and ask them where to meet up. The following is also a great idea for any of you who are looking for random RP. Don't underestimate the power of random RP!! Not only does it give you something interesting to do in your spare time, but you never know when you are going to meet someone that changes the aspect of your character forever!! (Not to even mention the GREAT word of mouth advertising it does for the high quality RP we have in this guild.) Alright then, here is just my 'easy' idea for how to get these people into the guild:

1. Pick a fight with the character (IC'ly obviously)... get them to 'take it outside' with you for a one on one.

2. Start fighting with them, don't be overpowered and god-like, you are really just trying to judge their RP skills here, not wipe the floor with them. For those of you who have characters who would generally kick ass, you'll have to RP that your char is going easy on them on purpose. Like I said, this RP isn't to annihilate them IC'ly, it's really to test their RP skills OOC'ly.

3. Make a decision. Does this person have RP skills that you think would be embarrassing to have on display at a fight? Are they emoting: "/em dodges fast. Runs to hit." Or are they emoting: "/em slides quickly to the right, stumbling over a rock in the pavement as he does so. Doing a roll to reposition himself, he tries to get to the woman before she can get to him. He kicks out his legs at her knees, hoping to knock her to the ground as well." One of those emotes is OBVIOUSLY the better choice if we are going to be putting these people on display at a server-wide event. If a word is mis-spelled here or there, or they forget a comma, I'm not about to rip them apart for it, but I think we all know when we have krosssed the line frum gud speling into bad speling and when gramer isnt even trying to be used anymoar

4. If the player is BAD at RP: Have your player get out of the fight somehow. Your character can laugh at theirs and say they aren't worth the time, walking away from the fight, your char can give in, your char can vanish. It was - after all - just a street brawl, a bar brawl, an alley brawl etc... - Your char never meant to kill them, just wanted to get a few punches in. So there would not really be a reason to call the guard. And there is no way they could know who you were with (as far as the Order goes that is). If they see you later at one of our events, perhaps they will put two and two together... but this shouldn't get any characters on a hit list since the intent was not to murder, just to have a fight (which they were challenged to and accepted)... That said, perhaps some of you should avoid *cough* setting your opponents on fire, unless your adversary is also magical... then it's just an eye for an eye.

5. If the player is GOOD at RP: Have your player call off the fighting, and hand them this flyer (the flyer can be something you make up with GHI, something that you type to them in whisper or party chat, or I can even send you little makeshift copies of letters from the in-game mail system for you to hand out!) :

Southseas Imports & Novelties Co. is looking for good fighters who want to earn some quick gold. Fights will take place once a month at a location in the Eastern Kingdoms. For more information, please leave a letter with John Burnside at the Bank of Stormwind, addressed to: Silverlush Quickclaw, C/O S.I.N. Co.

6. Thank the player for their RP! It's always nice to show some OOC courtesy. Even if the player was what we would deem 'bad', keep in mind that we all started somewhere! I know I personally can remember some RP's when I first began that I would *facepalm* at now. And believe me, I'm thankful for those kind souls who were not only polite to me through my bad RP'ing, but provided me with examples that made me go: I want to RP my RP to be more like theirs.

That's pretty much it! I know this was a long post, but I'm hoping that this will be a GREAT RP for us. I want to try and do more server-wide events, maybe get one a week that we do monthly. It would be nice to get on a schedule and maybe even become a bit renowned on the server! Let me know if you have any questions, those of you in the guild know which characters to find me on (I hope) and if not, just ask one of the older members, they are more than well-aware as to who I am :D

re: Brawler Form Letters

Here is what I am sending people via in-game mail so that they can have a 'flyer' :

Southseas Imports & Novelties Co. is looking for good fighters who want to earn some quick gold. Fights will take place once a month at a location in the Eastern Kingdoms. For more information, please leave a letter with John Burnside at the Bank of Stormwind, addressed to: Silverlush Quickclaw, C/O S.I.N. Co.

((Please send in-game mail to Silverlush with news of your interest, your name and a way to IC'ly reach you so that we can set something up.))

To make permanent ones of these for your character to hand out: Simply send the mail to someone your character knows (or another character of yours) and then have them send the mail back. CLICK on the letter itself to make a permanent copy. The letter can then be distributed to whoever you like by trading it from your inventory!

Jump to: